Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Prayers For My Family

I saw Blue Eyed Bride do this earlier and I thought it was a fantastic idea. I pray so many things for my family daily. It may be fun to look back in a few years and see how those prayers have evolved.

For Josiah:

Oh, how I pray for this sweet boy! I pray that he'll be kept safe and healthy. I pray that he'll slow down just a bit so he doesn't get hurt so often. I pray that he'll give up the pacifier soon and with little resistance. I pray he'll learn and grow just as he should. I pray for fewer toddler fits. I pray that he'll always be surrounded by good friends who'll be a good influence. I pray that he'll have the courage to try new things. I pray that he'll be a great big brother when that time comes. I pray that his childhood will be enjoyable and care-free. I pray that he'll grow to be a Godly man with a giving spirit and a tender heart. I pray that someday he'll be a devoted husband and father. I pray for his future wife, that she'll earnestly seek Jesus.

For Matt:

I pray that he'll find a job a loves. I ask God to prepare the right job for Matt and Matt for that job. I pray for his heart to be opened to new opportunities. I pray that he'll continue to grow in his faith. I pray that he'll always know how proud I am of him. I pray that he and Josiah will have a wonderful father/son relationship. I pray that his outgoing, boisterous spirit will not be damaged or jaded by recent events.

For Me:

I pray for strength to survive the toddler fits. I pray I'll have the strength to stand firm when I have to send J to time out. I pray for patience and gentle words when speaking to my family. I pray I won't give in even when he begs for the "pappy". I pray for joy and for a positive outlook. I pray for guidance when making decisions for my family. I pray I have the will power to get/stay healthy so I can be around longer. I pray that I'll make the right decisions about school and whether I should complete the program. I pray that I'll be a be the mother and wife and that J & Matt need me to be.

For Our Family:

I pray that in God's perfect timing, he'll bless us with another child, if that is His will. I pray we'll soon find a church home. I pray God will move us where He wants us to go. I pray we'll be good stewards of our money. I pray we'll eat dinner together at the table as often as we can. I pray we'll make good decisions and that we'll be surrounded with uplifting, supportive people who care deeply about us. I pray that we'll always seek His face. I pray for fewer distractions and more quality time together. I pray we'll have more fun this year than last. I pray we'll remember how truly lucky and blessed we are! We are SO thankful for our parents who help us a ton, for jobs, for the roof over our head, food on our table, air in our lungs, and good health.


Thanks be to God for every blessing received and those yet to be received!

P.S. If you have ANY suggestions for getting rid of the pacifier without countless sleepless nights, PUUULEASE share!

2 comments:

The Lindsey Family said...

Hi neighbor! (I am a fellow Alabamian.)

I found your blog via the Big Mama blog and linked to this post. What lovely prayers for your family.

Beth said...

I pray all those things for you and your family, my dear sweet daughter. Our world is certainly more blessed and wonderful with you in it. We love you!

Post a Comment